Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Morning! Another treatment over! Friday's treatment really knocked me out this week! I think it might have something to do with which drugs where given when. My normal infusion nurse was off yesterday (her son was graduating from law school!). I normally get zantax, benedryl, then chemo. This week I got benedryl, zantax, then chemo. I was out like a light within 15 min of the infusion starting. We were home by 7:00pm this week and I went straight to bed and didn't move until 9:30am yesterday morning. If you ignore the half hour of awake time on the way home from Boston...I slept 16 1/2 hours. And guess what...I was tied all day! Maybe I slept toooo much!!!! Anyways, I fell better today, just finished up some work stuff and going to try and get more done around the house today. We're starting to pack everything up...Bernie has been returning all the things we are finding that we have "borrowed" from people and trying to get the yard cleaned up so the inside is mine! Bernie has had a busy weekend. Yesterday he went up to UNH to get Sean settled with a few things; his car having some issues, he needed some groceries, etc and now today he is taking a ride out to see Caitlin to get some of her belongings. Caitlin must be out of her apartment next Saturday, so our hope is one car load today and then both our car and Caitlin's next week will do it! Sean finishing up his last finals this week but since he's in an apartment he does not need to move out until end of June so we have some time with him. Still not sure about Sean's living arrangements next year although he told his father about an apartment he and his friends found; I guess it's on campus and they'll be 4 of them in one apartment for $450 per month. We'll he and I need to discuss the details but I guess $100 less per month is ok...let's hope it includes utilities and it would be a bargain!

This week is a little different then norm....I will have my treatment on Thursday this week...appointment for 4:15pm (open until 8:00pm on Thursday), then I'll rest during the day on Friday and we'll head out to Westfield late Friday afternoon. Spending the night at a hotel out there since graduation starts at 10:30Am, but to get a good seat we'll need to be on campus by 9:00am at the latest!

In less then one week, Caitlin will be a college grad! So let's think optimistically....back in August 09 when I was diagnosed stage IV and she was packing up to return to college, I didn't know if I would be here for her graduation...now 8 months later I'm here and in a better position...the cancer is smaller then it was back then and I still have a great quality of life!!!

I'll end this week with a quote from Mother Teresa...

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.-- Mother Teresa

No comments: